The Plano Chamber of Commerce and the Leadership Plano Board of Directors are pleased to announce the 32 members of Leadership Plano Class 37. The roster of community leaders includes civic and community-focused, forward-thinking individuals who are committed to the continued growth and improvement of Plano. Leadership Plano has helped to develop the leadership skills of many civic leaders who have served our community through more than three decades of growth and change.
As a program of the Plano Chamber, Leadership Plano will now come under the direction of Shannon Kmak, Program Director.
Kmak is an alumni of Leadership Plano (Class 32) and looks forward to guiding the class this year. “Leadership Plano gave me a better appreciation for my community, broadened my network and strengthened my leadership skills. It provided an inside view of how our community operates.”
Spanning nine months from September through May, the program is designed to increase community awareness and leadership skills. The opening retreat, a two-day orientation weekend beginning September 14, 2019, at 7 a.m. at the Plano Chamber, focuses on individual leadership styles and techniques. From October through May, the class spends one day a month examining specific aspects of the community such as education, government, local business and economic development, health and human services, criminal justice system, and more.
Gaining a broad perspective of the Plano community equips participants to become well-rounded leaders ready to apply their skills in a variety of ways. Leadership Plano provides a foundation for long-term involvement in Plano and assists in launching a supportive community network of colleagues and friends.
Leadership Plano Class 37 List with Affiliations:
- Abbie Alter, Plano Moms LLC
- Brandon Maxey, Mayer LLP
- Greg Andrew, Toyota Financial Services
- Kathy Meadows, MISSION POSSIBLE KIDS
- Jason Bell, Ebby Halliday
- Emily Moore, Sedgwick Claims Management
- Tara Bidwell, Junior League of Collin County
- Paulette Mulry, Children’s Medical Center Foundation
- Corey Clark, Toyota North America
- Don Proeschel, University of Texas at Dallas
- Betsy Colter, Collin SBDC/Collin College
- Irum Rashid-Jones, Junior League of Collin County
- Scott Cummins, Texas Health Plano
- Karen Rhodes-Whitley, City of Plano
- Garry Evans, Collin College
- Brian Schwall, Compass Professional Health Services
- Katherine Goodwin, Community Volunteer
- Pooja Singhania, Capital One
- Courtney Hitt, Hitt III LLC
- John Stafford, Promos Signs Etc.
- LaStarr Hollie, Park Place Dealerships
- Laura Starr, Starr Law Firm, P.C.
- Bri Huedepohl, Vizient Inc.
- Yama Thompson, Each Beat Counts
- Marty James, Berkshire Hathaway PenFed Realty Texas
- Melissa Threlkeld, Sarah Cannon at Medical City Healthcare
- Raj Kolhe, VN Consulting
- Semida Voicu, Semida Realty
- Brad Krocheski, Austin Bridge and Road
- Theresa Williams, Plano Independent School District
- Sarah Lassberg, New York Life & Elf Army of Light
- Brandi Youngkin, City of Plano
This information was provided as a press release.