Chef Gabriel DeLeon of Mi Dia from Scratch in Plano shared the recipe below for Mi Dia’s famous table side guacamole with Plano Magazine.
Mi Dia’s Famous Tableside Guacamole
Yields 1 Quart
3 large avocados
1 tablespoon diced garlic
2 large limes, juiced
1 ½ tablespoon diced roasted Serrano peppers (2-3)
2 tablespoon diced onion
1 tablespoon diced sundried tomatoes
2 tablespoon of diced cilantro
1 teaspoon kosher salt
3 tablespoons diced tomatoes
3 tablespoons diced applewood smoked bacon
1. Heat a gas grill to medium heat. Roast peppers until black & blistered. Remove, let cool & dice.
2. Heat oven to 350 degrees. On a cookie sheet lay 4 thick slices of the bacon & cook until crispy (about 15 minutes). Cool dice & reserve.
3. Using a molcajete muddle onions, garlic, peppers, salt & lime juice with a wooden spoon to a paste consistency.
4. Cut the avocados in half, running a knife around the pit from top to bottom & back up again. Remove the pit & scoop out flesh from each half.
5. Add avocados to molcajete & mash with 2 forks or large spoons. Coarsely mash for a chunkier texture.
6. Taste for salt, add more if necessary. Add bacon & top with chopped tomatoes for garnish.Read our story on Mi Dia from Scratch >