August Theme: Summer
Races are free but all racers must bring a car built to specifications using a Brick Derby wheel set.
Brick Derby wheel sets are available for purchase at $6.50.
There are prizes for each Derby including gift cards, coupons and other merchandise. Prizes will be awarded for fastest time and best in show.
Car Dimensions & Weight
• Overall length not to exceed 8”
• Overall width not to exceed 3.5”
• Overall height not to exceed 4”
• Overall weight not to exceed 8.0 oz as per the race scale
• The car must have a 3/8” clearance underneath the body so it does not rub on the track
Wheels and Axles
• Each car must use a Brick Derby wheel set.
• The wheels may not be cut, drilled, beveled or rounded. You may remove the seams and imperfections from the wheels.
• The axles may be polished.
• Only dry lubricants are allowed.
Car Modifications Not Allowed
• Wheel bearings, washers or bushings are prohibited
• The car must not ride on any type of springs
• No starting devices, the car must be free-wheeling
• No loose material of any kind, such as lead shot, may be used
Other Brick Derby Information
• Once a car passes inspection and is entered into the race, only race committee members can touch it
• All ages welcome