In the spirit of ideas worth spreading, TED has created a program called TEDx where local, self-organized events bring people together to share a TED-like experience. TEDxPlano is pleased to announce the eight outstanding speakers who will deliver talks at this year’s event on March 25th at 6:00 p.m. at Plano’s Courtyard Theater in Historic Downtown Plano.
This year’s TEDxPlano theme is FWD: Thinking.
- Marquita Burke De Jesus – A Radically Ordinary Life: Speak Up, Dance Big & Live Loud
- Josh Hart – From Memos to Emails to Emojis: How to Improve Communication to Reduce Generational Conflict
- Krithika Iyer – Why Young People Are Your Best Investment
- Craig Janssen – Will Future Generations Want What We Build?
- Ramy Mahmoud – How Social Media Can Explain American Politics and Education
- Melinda Marcus – The Perfect Excuse: Why High Achievers Fail to Hit Personal Goals
- Kimberly O’Neil – Your Voice is Your Currency
- Diamond Wilson – Thinking Forward for Your Future Self: Establishing Your i+1
Now in its third year, TEDxPlano 2016 is dedicated to ideas which drive vision and possibility, inspiring and motivating the next great thinkers in North Texas. More than 50 applications were submitted from speakers and performers throughout North Texas and beyond. From these, eight speakers have been selected to share their ideas worth spreading. In addition to a diverse agenda of topics and speakers, TEDxPlano provides interactive, fun and creative opportunities throughout the event for attendees.
Tickets are $75 or $50 for students. Tickets are limited and selling quickly.TEDx Plano Tickets >