Plano-based Toyota Motor North America (TMNA) announced earlier this month that it is doubling the number of participants from last year, with six teams competing in the 2023 Rebelle Rally.
“Partnering with Rebelle Rally allows us to share amazing stories of resilience, determination and uncompromised power that our team members and vehicles showcase during this challenging event,” said Susann Kazunas, vice president at Toyota Motor Manufacturing. “We invite everyone to join us in celebrating the durable trucks and the incredible women who embody the spirit of the rally.”
The 12 participating Toyota team members will showcase driving and navigating prowess across more than 1,400 miles of challenging terrain across the Nevada and California desert from Oct. 12-21.
- Team 152 will feature Samantha Barber and Becky Brophy, who will demonstrate the product engineering of the Toyota 4Runner.
- Team 182 will feature Sandra Li and Myra Padda, who will demonstrate the product engineering of the Toyota Sequoia.
- Team 153 will feature Kara Yde and Susann Kazunas, who will demonstrate the research and development/manufactoring of the Toyota Tundra.
- Team 190 will feature Sive’a Peralta and Rie Iida, who will demonstrate the research and development of the Toyota Tundra.
- Team 195 will feature Ai Keskeny and Karli Raimondo, who will demonstrate the CALTY design of the Toyota Tacoma.
“As a trailblazer, Toyota understands the values of collaboration, perseverance, and the unwavering pursuit of excellence,” said Kristen Tabar, group vice president of advanced mobility research and development at Toyota Motor North America. “The Rebelle Rally provides the perfect platform for Toyota team members to demonstrate their passion for learning and problem solving, develop their driving skills, navigate treacherous terrains, and work together as a cohesive unit. This remarkable journey highlights important principles to Toyota’s culture: teamwork and the challenging spirit that drives the brand forward.”
The Rebelle Rally’s Live Webcast will stream throughout the competition with live updates, interviews with participants and insights from checkpoints along the way.