The Dallas Area Rapid Transit (DART) Student Art Contest is accepting individual entries from all North Texas students through Thursday, Feb. 29 with the theme “Explore DARTs 13 Cities! How Many Cities Can You Discover While Riding DART?”
DART is looking for students from kindergarten through 12th grade in all of DART’s 13 service area cities, including Plano. The winner’s artwork will be displayed on DART rail stations, buses, trains, the Dallas Museum of Art, Love Field Airport and on DART’s website. Winners will also receive a cash prize.
Artwork for Plano is suggested to feature Haggard Park, Historic Downtown Plano and the Interurban Railway Museum.
The poster must:
- Visually illustrate the theme “Explore DART’s 13 cities!”
- Be original work created by the student, with one entry per student
- Include the words “Explore DART’s 13 cities!” and DART into their design through a logo, vehicle, facility and/or the word DART
- Measure 11″ high x 17′ wide and laid out horizontally
- Be submitted on heavy paper such as a poster, tag or illustration board with either crayons, paint, markers, colored pencils and digital art
- Include a completed entry form, which can be downloaded in English or Spanish, submitted via mail or in-person
All artwork becomes the property of DART and may be used for advertising, sales, or promotional purposes with appropriate credit to the artist. By entering the contest, you consent to have your name and photograph appear as one of the winners.