What is Explore Plano?
Explore Plano is the City of Plano’s exclusive checklist of the coolest things going on across Plano during Summer ‘17. At each stop, there will be a photo challenge that leads to the opportunity to win prizes. Explore Plano runs June 1-August 31. At the Explore Plano website, all of the challenges are listed out by month, and most of the challenges are completely free!
This Week’s #ExplorePlano Challenge:
Howdy, neighbor! This week’s #ExplorePlano challenge gets to the core of what makes Plano one of the greatest cities in the U.S.A. – your neighbors. Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to build a “Hello, Neighbor” welcome basket and deliver it to a new Plano resident or a neighbor you’ve simply never met. You can even top off your basket with a magnet from the City of Plano’s Neighborhood Services Department.
Through its three divisions – Property Standards, Community Services and BEST Neighborhoods – Plano’s Neighborhood Services Department works with Planoites to build beautiful, safe neighborhoods with a full range of special services. Through the department, residents can seek down payment assistance for their first home, receive grants for neighborhood beautification projects, collect rebates for home improvements and even rent Plano’s own block party trailer.
With over 200 neighborhood associations, and even more neighborhoods, Plano’s success as a hotspot for families and businesses depends highly on the creation of awesome neighborhoods. So, if you’re one of the lucky 278,480+ residents, make sure to see how you can use the city’s services or get involved in your own neighborhood by visiting PlanoNeighborhoods.org.
How To Win Cool Stuff:
- Take a pic of your “Hello Neighbor” basket and and post to Instagram, Facebook or Twitter
- Be sure to use the hashtag #ExplorePlano
- The City of Plano will draw a winner (almost) every week, based on who uses the hashtag
- Winners will receive a mystery prize pack (which may include any of the following: theatre tickets, pool passes, recreation center passes, gift cards and more!)
Did You Know?
- The Plano Neighborhood Services Department is open Monday-Friday 8am-5pm at 7501 Independence Parkway, next to the Davis Library.
- Over 18,000 people move to Plano each year. That’s over 50 per day!
- The Neighborhood Services Department was created to develop strategies and tools for strengthening Plano’s neighborhoods and addressing issues related to the maturing of our community.
Like a GREAT Neighbor…
Kala Krishnan is the City of Plano’s Senior Neighborhood Planner. Kala has been on the job since 2012 and says, “What I love about my job is the opportunity to serve. I feel fortunate that through my job, I get to meet amazing people who have persevered through life’s difficulties, who inspire me with their hearts for service, and who open their hearts and lives to us. I am also a big kid at heart, and get to be creative and have fun with projects like our new ‘Be a Good Neighbor’ coloring book.”Explore Plano 2017 Challenges > Plano Neighborhood Services >
The above content is sponsored.