Plano-based PepsiCo/Frito-Lay opened a need-based scholarship aimed at students who demonstrate a commitment to uplifting and leading their communities on Oct. 3 called the Frito-Lay Community Builders Scholarship.
The scholarship will award four students $25,000 each toward their higher-education goals.
“At Frito-Lay, we are committed to celebrating and supporting the next generation of community leaders by providing them with resources to help build a brighter future,” said Joan Cetera, vice president of corporate affairs at PepsiCo. “As these young leaders take the reins, we see a path towards a future where communities are more resilient, where diversity and inclusion are celebrated, and where every individual has the opportunity to reach their fullest potential.”
Applications opened October 3 and will close on November 20. To be eligible for the scholarship, students must:
- Live in the United States
- Be high school seniors, graduates or current college undergraduates
- Plan to enroll full-time undergraduate study in the U.S. at an accredited two-or-four-year college, university or vocational-technical school for the entire upcoming academic year
- Have the minimum grade point average of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale
- Submit a response to a prompt about how they contribute to their communities and how it impacts their higher education path
“A diverse group of employees from Frito-Lay, including frontline workers, employee resource group leaders, and executives who each have a unique commitment to community building will make up the judging panel and review submitted applications,” PepsiCo said in a press release.
The deadline for the scholarship is January 30, 2024. Applications for the scholarship can be submitted online.